Thursday, June 18, 2015 – 12:00
Boston, MA 02210
KEYNOTE | Disruptive Innovations: How Storage is Changing in the Enterprise
Room: 205 ABC
- Storage Performance technology innovations such as PCI-e and DIMM-based Flash/SSD
- Storage Capacity technology innovations such as SMR (shingled) drives
- Object and cloud storage trends
- Storage product architectures such as all-flash and hybrid arrays, hyper-converged infrastructure and software-defined storage
- Decoupled (capacity and performance) I/O optimization technologies
Leave this session understanding more about the architectures and tradeoffs of the next wave of storage technologies.
About the Speaker
Chief Technology Officer, Infinio Systems
Scott Davis is the Chief Technology Officer for Infinio Systems and drives product and technology strategy. He joined Infinio following seven years at VMware, where he was CTO for VMware’s End-User Computing Business Unit. He earlier served as VMware’s Chief Data Center and Storage Architect in the Corporate CTO Office. Prior to VMware, he was president, CTO, and co-founder of Virtual Iron Software, which was acquired by Oracle and became the core of OracleVM. Earlier, he was CTO at Mangosoft, an Internet software, and storage company with pioneering peer-to-peer clustering, caching, and file system products. Scott holds 16 US patents for clustering, storage, and virtualization technologies, and his products have won awards at Comdex, Demo and LinuxWorld.